Due to Covid-19, the 2020 AGM was not held in person. Papers were distributed to all members prior to 17th March 2020, and on 17th March 2020 all members were asked by email to approve the items below.
1. Minutes of last AGM (19th March 2019)
The minutes of the 2019 AGM were approved by all responders to the 17th March 2020 email.
2. Election of the Chair and Committee
The following officers were approved for re-election by all responders to the 17th March 2020 email:
• David Nickols as chair/treasurer
• John Wykes as membership secretary
• Jane Ellis as club secretary
• Andrew Firmin as match secretary
• Lorraine Buckles as welfare officer.
All members of the committee were approved for re-election by all responders to the 17th March 2020 email. The committee members are the officers and Neil Weaver and Bill Daly.
3. Approval of 2019 accounts
The 2019 accounts were approved by all responders to the 17th March 2020 email.
Subscriptions had not been raised for the previous 5 years. The following changes in subscriptions were approved by all responders to the 17th March 2020 email:
• Family membership – increase from £95 to £97
• Adult membership – increase from £60 to £62
• Student membership – no change (£25)
• Junior membership – no change (£25).
The latest LTA guidance and information regarding Covid-19 can be found at https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19---latest-advice/#england
FROM 19 JULY 2021:
From 19 July 2021, legal restrictions on use of the courts and the clubhouse have been removed.
FROM 17 MAY 2021:
From 17 May 2021, the courts and clubhouse can be used with the following restrictions:
FROM 29 MARCH TO 16 MAY 2021:
The courts can be used from 29 March 2021 to 16 May 2021 with the following restrictions:
UPDATE ON 4 JANUARY 2021:
Due the new national lockdown, the courts are closed from 5th January 2021 until further notice.
A very enjoyable 2019 Christmas dinner was held on Saturday 20th January 2020 at The Star in Lingfield - many thanks to Loraine Buckles for organising this so well.
The club's 2019 Tournament Finals Day and Barbecue was held on Saturday 14th September 2019. The weather smiled on us and some! About 35 members and guests came for part or all of the day. Many thanks to all who entered the tournaments and to our finalists who played on the day, and thanks to all those who helped (especially Jane's (and her helper's) cakes and Hugh's grilling!).
Congratulations to the winners:
- Mens Singles: Neil Weaver (for the 20th time over 39 years!!)
- Mens Doubles: Neil Weaver/Jack Lindsay-Charlton
- Ladies Doubles: Diane and Helen Gilbert
- Mixed Doubles: James Over/Jane Ellis